We’ve just released Fleio version 0.9.30-alpha. This release comes with a huge list of features and bug fixes. Let’s see what’s new!
Page 2 of 3
Fleio 0.9.16 alpha is now available to download and install in your OpenStack cloud.
Here’s what’s new:
- Clients are no longer linked directly to an OpenStack project. We’ve introduced services which will be the base for any billing activity, allowing us to later introduce other hosting services billing (like cPanel accounts or domain names). An OpenStack project is now linked to a service.
- Billing menu option is now available in staff panel where we have Orders, Packages, Invoices and Services. The ordering process is not yet completed and released.
- Users activity log. We’re currently logging just a few actions, like user logged in, logged out, user changed password, edit profile etc . The following releases will extend the logged actions list.
- Staff users can upload VM images
- Global (all regions) memory usage stats
- We’ve switched Fleio from using Python 2 to Python 3. This has been in the works for a few months and is now ready for prime time. If you’re upgrading for a previous Fleio version everything is done automatically, except that you will be required to re-enter your trial licensing key. And by the way, email us if you’d like to extend your trial license.
- Many other small features and bug fixes. See release notes here.
We have released three more alpha versions in the last two months: 0.9.10, 0.9.11 and, today, 0.9.12.
We have just released Fleio version 0.9.9. This is an alpha version and it is not recommended for production use.
- We have a new billing settings model that allows configuring different credit thresholds, notifications and automatic actions for each client or group of clients.
- You can now add/change/remove OpenStack instance IP addresses from the staff panel.
- License activation and check is now working even if you are behind a proxy
- Other small features and improvements
See full change log here: https://fleio.com/docs/changelog.html#v0-9-9
Check out online demo: https://fleio.com/demo
Get a trial license to evaluate Fleio on your own hardware: https://fleio.com/signup
We’ve just released Fleio 0.9.3. This is another alpha release meant to offer a preview of OpenStack billing features and self-service portal features. It’s not intended for production use.
A first version of internationalization is available. Besides English, we’ve included a Romanian translation and an incomplete German translation.
We’ve added floating IPs to Fleio. Note that they are not enabled by default.
We’ve made significant advancements in multi-region support and it’s almost ready. We’ll probably have full support in the next release.
You can now choose which OpenStack flavors to be available in Fleio when creating or upgrading a virtual machine.
Bug fixing and optimization.
We’ve done some architectural changes, introducing a collector service that runs in each OpenStack region. Fleio collector connects to the OpenStack internal message queue, filters messages and forwards them to another queue for Fleio backend to process.
The Fleio collector lowers the number of messages passed from your regions to Fleio, reducing bandwidth usage and improving performance.
The collector is an optional service and you can run Fleio without it. Especially if you’re running a single region and Fleio is configured to have access directly to the OpenStack messaging broker.
The updated service, which gets OpenStack messages and updates our cache database, was rewritten to be more scalable and maintainable.
Fleio was designed from the first days to be able to serve the frontend files from any server, even from a CDN. And now we’ve split the fleio installation package into fleio-backend and fleio-frontend.
Full release notes are here: https://fleio.com/docs/changelog.html#v0-9-3
Online Fleio demo: https://demo.fleio.com
Sign up for a trial license and evaluate Fleio in your environment: https://fleio.com/signup
- improve multi-region support
- full network management from Fleio (create networks, routers, subnets)
- complete the billing features
- performance improvements, especially in the frontend side,
- easier installation, configuration experience
- obviously, bug fixing
We plan to launch the first Fleio stable verison at the end of January 2017.
Fleio is an OpenStack billing system and self-service control panel for public cloud service providers.
Version 0.9-alpha, the first public release, is now available to download and install on-premises.
Fleio – OpenStack Billing and Self-Service Portal – Staff Area
Fleio’s high-level features are:
- Customer management: user sign-up/on-boarding, manage companies, and OpenStack projects
- End-user self-service portal
- Measures OpenStack cloud resource usage
- Applies complex pricing rules on usage
- Billing: invoicing, PayPal or credit card charging, email notifications