We’ve just released Fleio 1.2. OpenStack instance backup, IPv6 firewall rules, TLDs custom fields and many more.
We’ve just released Fleio billing 1.1 introducing support for OpenStack Rocky, domain name registration and many more features.
Fleio is an OpenStack billing system and self-service control panel for public cloud service providers.
Version 0.9-alpha, the first public release, is now available to download and install on-premises.
Fleio – OpenStack Billing and Self-Service Portal – Staff Area
Fleio’s high-level features are:
- Customer management: user sign-up/on-boarding, manage companies, and OpenStack projects
- End-user self-service portal
- Measures OpenStack cloud resource usage
- Applies complex pricing rules on usage
- Billing: invoicing, PayPal or credit card charging, email notifications
You saw the billing options you have for block devices and disk images. Today I’d like to show you the OpenStack billing features for compute instances and network traffic.
Fleio can apply a cost to compute instances based on multiple attributes:
- existence over time (of instance)
- vCPUs: number of virtual CPU cores
- root_gb: root file system size in GB
- memory_mb: the instance memory (RAM)
- instance_type: the name of the flavor (eg: m1.tiny)
- availability_zone: the availability zone of the instance
- cell_name: the name of the cell where the instance resides
- any other metadata attribute
The public cloud hosting market is large and growing, with 50,000 companies worldwide competing for customers. With 80 percent of the market occupied by small and medium providers, it’s clear that businesses today need to stand out and provide innovative service to their clients.
OpenStack, a massive open-source software platform for cloud computing, has already been called “the next Linux” and “the dominant platform for private cloud.” Originally launched in 2010 as a collaboration between NASA and cloud computing company Rackspace, OpenStack now includes thousands of users and more than 500 businesses as part of the project. If your company isn’t already using OpenStack, here are 20 good reasons to join the party.
As we’re getting close to 1.0-alpha release, I’d like to show you some of the OpenStack billing capabilities of Fleio.