We’ve just released Fleio 0.9.31 which introduces cPanel shared web hosting automation and other features and bug fixes.
We have released three more alpha versions in the last two months: 0.9.10, 0.9.11 and, today, 0.9.12.
Fleio is an OpenStack billing system and self-service control panel for public cloud service providers.
Version 0.9-alpha, the first public release, is now available to download and install on-premises.
Fleio – OpenStack Billing and Self-Service Portal – Staff Area
Fleio’s high-level features are:
- Customer management: user sign-up/on-boarding, manage companies, and OpenStack projects
- End-user self-service portal
- Measures OpenStack cloud resource usage
- Applies complex pricing rules on usage
- Billing: invoicing, PayPal or credit card charging, email notifications
You saw the billing options you have for block devices and disk images. Today I’d like to show you the OpenStack billing features for compute instances and network traffic.
Fleio can apply a cost to compute instances based on multiple attributes:
- existence over time (of instance)
- vCPUs: number of virtual CPU cores
- root_gb: root file system size in GB
- memory_mb: the instance memory (RAM)
- instance_type: the name of the flavor (eg: m1.tiny)
- availability_zone: the availability zone of the instance
- cell_name: the name of the cell where the instance resides
- any other metadata attribute
As we’re getting close to 1.0-alpha release, I’d like to show you some of the OpenStack billing capabilities of Fleio.