Fleio is an OpenStack billing system and self-service control panel for public cloud service providers.
Version 0.9-alpha, the first public release, is now available to download and install on-premises.
Fleio – OpenStack Billing and Self-Service Portal – Staff Area
Fleio’s high-level features are:
- Customer management: user sign-up/on-boarding, manage companies, and OpenStack projects
- End-user self-service portal
- Measures OpenStack cloud resource usage
- Applies complex pricing rules on usage
- Billing: invoicing, PayPal or credit card charging, email notifications
Sign up to get a 30-days free trial license key and install Fleio 0.9-alpha.
Fleio is an all-in-one control panel, like the customer portals of Linode or DigitalOcean, enabling public cloud startups to launch an OpenStack public cloud right away.
Traditional web hosters and established cloud providers can integrate Fleio into their existing software systems.
Fleio supports several integration scenarios as highlighted in the image below.
You can use Fleio to handle the whole customer life cycle: on-boarding, self-service cloud resource creation, invoicing and charging. But you can also use a third party invoicing system or Horizon for end-user self-service and integrate with Fleio to get accurate OpenStack resource usage accounting and cost data.
Quick facts about Fleio:
- Mobile friendly. Fleio uses Google’s material design guidelines and is coded right from the beginning for mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
- Optimized for performance. Fleio avoids the Ceilometer performance problems by processing events directly from the message the OpenStack queue.
- Installed on-premises.
- 24/7 support included. The Fleio license includes 24/7 support without extra cost.
- Tested with OpenStack Mitaka.
Note that this is an alpha version and is not intended for production use.
If you want to see Fleio in action without installing it on your hardware just head to the demo page.
We’d love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment below or send us an email.